Saturday, June 2, 2012

Animal Reports

Penguins

A Penguin is a bird that can not fly.

All types of penguins are meat eaters.  The top layer of a penguin's skin is made of thousands of small stiff feathers.

All penguins back's are black and all of their bellies white.  This has to do with swimming camoflague.  The black back looks like the bottom of the ocean, and the white belly looks like the ocean surface.

Some species like the King and Emperor penguins, have a yellow, orange or red areas on their head or neck.

When penguins are too hot they spread their flippers to release body heat.

I like penguins! I wish I had one.

Pippa

Moose

A Moose is a big deer that lives in Canada.  They are the second biggest in its family and it's related to the deer family.

A big moose would weight about 1 ton and be about 6 foot high.

As Canada grows moose are more and more comimg in the towns.

Moose are designed to fight off wolves and dogs and sometimes people!!

Joshua Nolan's great uncle Percy shot the last moose in New Zealand and it was behind Camel Back.

Matthew

Piranha

The Piranha belongs to the Serrasalminae family.  They live in tropic rivers like the Amazon.

Pirahanhas are a shreding machine.  In two minutes they'll eat a whole Hump Back's heart.  They also get caught and then sometimes would get dished on a plate.  The biggest Piraha ever caught was 7m and 47cm long.  Pirahas have very sharp teeth.

IF I WAS YOU DO NOT SWIM WITH PIRANHAS

Joshua

Sharks

A shark is a big fish with 3 sets of teeth, two beady eyes and a strong tail to help them get it's prey.

There are 368 different species in total of 30 families.  Fossils say sharks have been around for millions of years.

Sharks eat plankton, shellfish, crustaceans or other fish.

Some sharks even have 8 gills on each side.

I think sharks are seriously cool but I wouldn't get too close to them.

Hayley.

8 comments:

  1. All of the reports are really good I think.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow 3 rows of teeth,
    They whould be very farst.
    You catched my atenion with your report,
    You think very well I can't wait to read your next report.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Portia and LaurenJune 6, 2012 at 6:02 PM

    They`re the best reports that we`ve had so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish my report could get put on the blog.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that Shakira did a really good job on her Piranha report.

    Hayley.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Matthew did a really good job on his Moose report too he must have had a long time findong information.

    Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also think Pippa did an outstanding report on Penguins she had a lot of detail and it made a picture in my head.

    Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  8. At the moment I think everyone is doing a great job at there reports.

    ReplyDelete